VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are you?

+29
DJ
kermit
60ragtop
Crackah
topless65
ewdb92
Railboy
puddle pirate
Sourisdoll
edstoddard
CrazedVW
aurorakooba
Copper1982
Eric Harris
Tony
NoTop69
kel51
yelosubmarine
BUGN VW
jeremyrockjock
R.Rabbit
leaker
Lickity Split
64scbaron
JL
roy63
Jerry Hundley
Blue Totoro
joebug1951
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who are you? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you?

Post  edstoddard Fri 2 Apr - 16:35

I'm Ed down Dinwiddie County way. I met some of you at the March cruise in. I've been into ACVW's for almost 40 years and have had about 50 of them in one state of disrepair or another. I currently have a 70 Beetle almost ready for the road, but prepped for repaint by the PO, so it runs and stops, but doesn't look so great. (Like I care). I also have a 64 Beetle next in the chute after some patchwork and a new underside it will be my driver. My baby is a 57 Oval waiting for me to have the time to take with it to get it back running and stopping. For now the coral red that is left on it will have to do, so I can drive it. It has an Allstate single wheel to drag behind her, but it's going to take some work to get it rolling. I guess I also have a 79 7 passenger bus that I have to get the gas tank and motor back into so it can find a home.
Anyone needing common parts for Beetles, Ghias (74, 67 and low light), or bay window buses, I have plenty. My garage is a bit like a butcher shop sometimes, they enter whole and leave the other end in pieces.

edstoddard

Back to top Go down

Post  roy63 Fri 2 Apr - 16:39

edstoddard wrote:I'm Ed down Dinwiddie County way. I met some of you at the March cruise in. I've been into ACVW's for almost 40 years and have had about 50 of them in one state of disrepair or another. I currently have a 70 Beetle almost ready for the road, but prepped for repaint by the PO, so it runs and stops, but doesn't look so great. (Like I care). I also have a 64 Beetle next in the chute after some patchwork and a new underside it will be my driver. My baby is a 57 Oval waiting for me to have the time to take with it to get it back running and stopping. For now the coral red that is left on it will have to do, so I can drive it. It has an Allstate single wheel to drag behind her, but it's going to take some work to get it rolling. I guess I also have a 79 7 passenger bus that I have to get the gas tank and motor back into so it can find a home.
Anyone needing common parts for Beetles, Ghias (74, 67 and low light), or bay window buses, I have plenty. My garage is a bit like a butcher shop sometimes, they enter whole and leave the other end in pieces.

Hola. Ed
roy63
roy63

Back to top Go down

Post  leaker Fri 2 Apr - 18:55

Hey ED! So does your butcher shop have any original 67 fenders in stock? Very Happy

Craig
leaker
leaker

Back to top Go down

Post  joebug1951 Fri 2 Apr - 22:01

Ed, nice to see you found your way to the forum!
joebug1951
joebug1951
Admin

https://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  edstoddard Tue 6 Apr - 9:55

Missed your post over the weekend, I'll check Saturday when I get home (working away from home during the week).

edstoddard

Back to top Go down

Who are you? - Page 3 Empty 67 Fenders

Post  edstoddard Mon 12 Apr - 11:22

Again, sorry, I didn't get back quickly.. had the car weekend from hell... missed the cruise too...

I do have a pair, one black and one white. Overall in good condition, no rust throughs or bangs. Will need some cleanup and paint to use of course. Give me a call 804-389-3299.

edstoddard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sourisdoll Fri 25 Jun - 18:10

Hello my name is Rebecca. I haven't met anyone on here yet but I would like to. I have a blue '69 beetle. It runs great the only problem with it is it's got wiring issues.. I got a new complete wire harness for it but I don't know how to install it.. I'm hoping to find someone who can help me or send me in the right direction so I can finally drive it!

Sourisdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Sat 26 Jun - 2:49

Hi Rebecca...wiring is one of those tasks that not too many folks undertake...I know Joe Wright is good, but he is out of town for at least another year. You might want to take your bug over to the Bug Haus...call Ronnie, the mechanic there at 232-8989. His shop is on Westover Hills and Midlothian Tpk.
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

http://www.c3vs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  leaker Sat 26 Jun - 8:17

Hey Rebecca,wish I had the extra time to help with something like that.Installing a new harness in my 67 was the best thing i've ever done for it.I bought the Wiring Works kit,which had a decent set of directions and used all original colors and connectors.
Good luck and welcome.
leaker
leaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sourisdoll Sat 26 Jun - 12:53

I wish I could but don't think I could get it down there.. The license plates are expired and it needs to be inspected. What's wrong is some of the signals don't work and something's draining the battery big time. The friend who suggested the harness to me said it would take just a day to install with little knowledge about wiring but I think I have too little knowledge! I got the harness a couple days before the Bug Out and haven't been able to do anything with it since. No

Sourisdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Hundley Sat 26 Jun - 18:10

Pick up the Bugme video on replacing the harness. It is very in depth and will help you do it yourself. .
Jerry Hundley
Jerry Hundley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lickity Split Sat 26 Jun - 22:22

Sourisdoll wrote:I wish I could but don't think I could get it down there.. The license plates are expired and it needs to be inspected. What's wrong is some of the signals don't work and something's draining the battery big time. The friend who suggested the harness to me said it would take just a day to install with little knowledge about wiring but I think I have too little knowledge! I got the harness a couple days before the Bug Out and haven't been able to do anything with it since. No

Replacing the harness might be a little more involved than most want to get into. Signals and a battery drain are very easy to fix. A few tools and it can take a few hours. Dealing with a few wires might be easier then messing with 40+ wires.
Lickity Split
Lickity Split

Back to top Go down

Post  puddle pirate Fri 13 Aug - 17:57

Puddle Pirate here.

Yes, I am a Coastie. I haven't been around in a while due to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. That kind of ruined all of my good intentions of getting my Baja done. Then while I was gone, my son was driving my Jeep and blew a head gasket. I have to get a new gasket on and see how the engine is. I may do an LS1 swap in it. Also while I was gone I was injured and had to get surgery. In other words, I am not ready to work on anything until I get finished with all the things that didn't get done while I was gone.

I am in Powhatan and have a nice shop at the house. I do all of my own work and fabricate anything that I can. I do fiberglass work as well as metal work including custom sheet metal and welding and some machining work.
puddle pirate
puddle pirate

Back to top Go down

Who are you? - Page 3 Empty Who are you?

Post  Railboy Sat 23 Oct - 21:29

Hello, I am new to your group of VW enthusiast but in all I don't have a VW per say as of now.. I use to own a few VW Beetle's in the past, like years ago, but something I do have that is fun is a Street Legal Sand Rail. It is made mostly of VW related parts, Engine, Suspension, ect. So, I wanted to check out your group do to my interest in this and VW's... I do plan on one day getting another VW, it is just down the road.... Thanks for letting me check out your Site and all, Ashby (AKA RailBoy).
Railboy
Railboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ewdb92 Sun 24 Oct - 10:44

Hello,
I'm not new to VW's but new to owning them in VA! I'm glad to find a local group and look forward to participating in future events and dialogue! My name is Erik and I've owned worked on VW for over 25 years now, though I spent the last 10 without any as we moved and setup our little family here in F'burg. Last month we found a beautiful 71 camper, which will consume any remaining free time Very Happy Since I'm not familiar with any VW resouorces around here, I'm sure I'll be posting quite a few questions (starting with my trans post in Q&A). Thanks
Erik
ewdb92
ewdb92

Back to top Go down

Post  joebug1951 Wed 27 Oct - 16:33

Welcome to all the new people! Thanks for checking out the site and hope to meet you all when I get back from overseas!
joebug1951
joebug1951
Admin

https://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  topless65 Fri 12 Nov - 23:48

Hey you all it's me Jim! I've had the Bug bite for about seven years now and finally had the time and money to get my first one in the summer of 2009. She had to be topless, pre 67 and full of spunk. I love cruising around in her whenever possible. I've made numerous trips to the dump just to get out and feel the wind and sun on my face and hear the exhaust in my ears.
topless65
topless65

Back to top Go down

Who are you? - Page 3 Empty On the Hunt

Post  Crackah Tue 14 Dec - 16:39

Hello everyone,

Name's Graham, I have fallen in love with the Classic Beetle and am on the hunt for one to call my own! Hope to find one (and buy it!) in early 2011. I'm a father of 4 fantastic kids, have a beautiful wife who's the greatest Mother a child could ask for, and I'm hoping to get them all into Classic VW's! It shouldn't be too hard, they're truly beautiful in all forms. I'm on a tight budget but hopeful and extremely excited to get ahold of a mid to late 60's Beetle (Or whatever I find). I hope to make it a Daily Driver to get myself out of the Mini-Van!!

Can't wait to learn and meet some of the local VW folks and get the Family involved in my new love affair.

Crackah.

Crackah

Back to top Go down

Post  JL Sat 18 Dec - 0:13

crackah... hahahha
you sound like a good dude! Family man... that's awesome!
maybe someone in the club can help you find a good bug. I haven't heard of any for sale lately locally. craigslist is a good place to start hunting. every day they get harder and harder to find!
Good luck.
most everybody is in hibernation mode now, heads will start popping up outta the ground around march. With all this salt sand chemical shit they just put on the roads, my car won't come outta the garage for at least a month!
JL
JL

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackah Sun 19 Dec - 22:23

I've been all over Craigslist in Va., NC. And Md. I might go farther when the time comes... I'm really hoping for a driver but from what I've seen, I'm not sure that's going to happen. I can't wait to meet more of the group and get the family out to see some Dubs!

Crackah

Back to top Go down

Post  leaker Mon 20 Dec - 16:58

Hey Crackah,check out the classifieds on thesamba.com,plenty of drivers for sale.
leaker
leaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackah Mon 20 Dec - 17:16

Thanks Leaker... I do browse TheSamba fairly often (Okay, a lot) but it seems tha most of the cars are nowhere near us here in Va. I'll actually be ready to purchase one early next year, so, hopefully "the one" is out there when the time comes. I'm looking at a 1500-2k budget, that could go up a bit but as of now, that's the price range im searching. What sort of luck do you think I'll have?

I know it's a dream but, I'm hoping for very minimal rust, which isn't happening on this side of the country. A Ca. car would would be great but shipping one over here would probably cost a fortune.

Crackah

Back to top Go down

Post  60ragtop Mon 20 Dec - 18:44

I have a '74 standard bug,no engine or title if you are interested i'll take 300.00 for it
Scott
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackah Mon 20 Dec - 21:37

Can it be titled and made legal? What sort of condition is it in? I would looooove to see pictures!

Crackah

Back to top Go down

Post  R.Rabbit Mon 20 Dec - 22:07

when you hit Craigslist make sure you mis-spell volkswagEn, VW, volkswagOn and variations of bug, bugg, beetle, beatle, bettle herbie, etc

that's how I got a KILLER deal on a steering wheel

74 super for $2K, prob talk him down & get someone on here to give it a good check
http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2102924345.html

71 flat window super for $1750
http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2090084280.html
R.Rabbit
R.Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum