VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just lettin yall know

2 posters

Go down

Just lettin yall know Empty Just lettin yall know

Post  yelosubmarine Sat 19 Nov - 3:49

Well after much frustration i bought my dads acura and tore the inside out the bus and soon the engine to start restoring it, i couldn't bear to part with it, i took one last camping trip on the blue ridge with my girlfriend and my dad(first weekend of applefest) and had a blast 26mpg Shocked but the pilot bearing was shot so i had to tow it after much jerking and shaking Mad , i ll be around at shows and bugout when i can (college next year and work) but im not out haha i couldn't do it Rolling Eyes love my bus, btw there is NOTHING like sleeping in a bus on a cool fall night, ill keep yall updated, currently i finsihed the rust bubbles in the floor and the engine, decklid, underdash and wheels are next Just lettin yall know 14418

yelosubmarine

Back to top Go down

Just lettin yall know Empty Re: Just lettin yall know

Post  Copper1982 Mon 21 Nov - 22:26

sweet taylor, keep on camp'n. hope you get it back together soon. stay tuned, next yr we are planning a club camp out. gonna be rock'n
Copper1982
Copper1982

Back to top Go down

Post  yelosubmarine Tue 22 Nov - 0:06

If anything ill tow it haha its guna b a long resto Very Happy

yelosubmarine

Back to top Go down

Post  yelosubmarine Sun 1 Apr - 23:18

alright, progress, got new window seals in the back 3 windows, rear hatch seal, motor is done and pretty, gotta test fire it, jerry told me today he finsihed all the welding and soon it will be chemical stripped and epoxy primed, then eventually to scotts for L30h montana red paint witht the white roof, motors going back in when its primered so i can drive it and put the interior back in, guna have a black\white checkered floor Very Happy

yelosubmarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum