VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup

+3
60ragtop
64scbaron
Copper1982
7 posters

Go down

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup Empty Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup

Post  Copper1982 Thu 6 Oct - 18:09

Next saturday the 15 the club is doing the graves mountain apple harvest cruise. I believe we will be meeting up with the vw cruisers there. Bill will post the details. Whos in?

Chuck
Copper1982
Copper1982

Back to top Go down

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup Empty Graves mtn. apple harvest club cruise.

Post  64scbaron Fri 7 Oct - 11:40

The info. concerning our cruise up Graves Mnt. was sent out in our last e-mail post.But here it is again.My group will meet at the WaWA at Jeff Davis & Woods Edge Rd. at 6:00 a.m. on the 15th,we will then meet up with Scott Huges at Zion's Cross Rd's at 8:00.I was trying to cordinate this event with String and the vw cruisers but he has informed me that they are attending a parade in Remington that morning and will be arriving later,we were invited also but i really don't want to deviate from our orignal plans.
64scbaron
64scbaron

Back to top Go down

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup Empty Re: Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup

Post  60ragtop Mon 10 Oct - 7:55

Where should the members from the north side of the river & the Westend meet up with you?
Scott Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 15773
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup Empty Graves mtn. apple harvest club cruise.

Post  64scbaron Mon 10 Oct - 10:37

Everyone in the west end of Rich. can decide among themselves where to meet up,with the Zion's Cross Rds. being the initial meeting place,or the actual starting place of the cruise.Hope to see everyone,& i hope the weather hold's up for us! Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 736592
64scbaron
64scbaron

Back to top Go down

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup Empty Graves Mtn Apple Harvest

Post  60ragtop Tue 11 Oct - 11:37

For those in the Westend that want to go Sat. you can take 64 W. to the Zionscrossroads exit,turn left onto Rt 15,McDonalds will be on your left. Or you can take Rt 250 W. to Rt 15(James Madison Hwy),turn right & McDonalds will be on your right. If you need any help with directions call or email me 434 842-6118 scotthughes@embarqmail.com
Hope to see you Sat.
Scott Very Happy
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Post  64scbaron Wed 12 Oct - 10:17

The weather is looking good for the cruise this weekend,i hope to see everyone there! Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 736592
64scbaron
64scbaron

Back to top Go down

Post  60ragtop Fri 14 Oct - 15:54

Anybody going? Sleep
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Post  64scbaron Fri 14 Oct - 17:08

Melinda & i will see yall in the morning,i have no idea who else will be joining us,no one seems to be very responsive.
64scbaron
64scbaron

Back to top Go down

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup Empty Re: Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup

Post  Blue Totoro Sun 16 Oct - 18:09

Any pics from the cruise? Seems like hardly anyone posts up pictures from cruises/shows/cruise-ins anymore. Do I need to move back to VA and do some a$$-kickin? LOL!! Laughing
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

http://www.c3vs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  60ragtop Mon 17 Oct - 7:47

Brian
Me,Susan,Bill & Melinda were the only ones there
Scott
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Wed 19 Oct - 0:34

Well, that's disappointing I'm sure. Sorry to hear that the turnout was that light. I'm sure you all had a good time anyways. I sure wish I could make that cruise some time.

One thing I tried to do when I was the club president was to always be positive. There were plenty of activities where only a few showed up, but that never really bothered me. I can still have a great outing if only three or four members show up. I understand that folks have lives outside of VWs and for one reason or another they can't make every event. One thing I never did was criticize the club in general for not showing up. Saying things like, "I'm not ever going to another event because no one shows up" or "Why is no one responding to club events on the forum?" or "I'm tired of putting a cruise together when no one participates" only creates negative tension among club members. There is NO place for that in this club and should be immediately discontinued by those who organize events.

Our club president out here in Cali is so negative all the time that the events totally suck. He spends the whole time complaining about why people don't show up instead of enjoying the company that is there. I always made it a point to be upbeat and appreciative to all those who showed up to our events. I loved meeting my VW buds and new folks who drove a great distance to enjoy our cruises and shows. I really miss hanging with everyone. Not to toot my own horn, but I think people showed up because they got a positive experience from the atmosphere I and others helped to create.

I hope those that organize activities can stay positive and upbeat. That's how events can be successful. Stop criticizing those who can't or don't come out. People often have more pressing matters to address sometimes.

Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Post  60ragtop Wed 19 Oct - 7:52

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 736592
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Post  leaker Wed 19 Oct - 13:36

Well said Brian, now to add my opinion, for a successful "club" would have to start with friendship and with a 94 person member list, the friendship part is missing. As a "club" it seems to have run its course, one of those monthly meet-up sites might work better, where people with a aircooled interest could meet and chat.
P.S. I still like the ones I have met Wink
leaker
leaker

Back to top Go down

Post  60ragtop Wed 19 Oct - 14:42

I agree,the monthly meetings are great. I have no interest in a "cyber" club. beer
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Wed 19 Oct - 21:57

My suggestion would be to start up a monthly meet at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Broad St or the Quaker Steak and Lube. Designate a specific Saturday/Sunday, i.e. the second Saturday and keep it that way. I won't be there of course, but why doesn't everyone meet the second Sat. in November at the Buffalo Wild Wings and go from there. If only four or five cars show up, then great. Keep it going, don't get negative, and don't post anything that remotely resembles something negative. Always reread your post before hitting submit...

Get it going again! Stay positive!
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Post  60ragtop Thu 20 Oct - 9:30

Sounds good to me. Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 15773
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Post  60ragtop Mon 24 Oct - 9:37

Has a time been set for the Nov. meeting @ Buffalo Wild Wings? Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 15773
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup Empty Nov. cruise

Post  64scbaron Mon 24 Oct - 11:35

I have'nt set a time yet but will soon,have to check the cal. for a date. Wink
64scbaron
64scbaron

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Tue 25 Oct - 0:01

64scbaron wrote:I have'nt set a time yet but will soon,have to check the cal. for a date. Wink

We used to do second Saturday's back when I was there. I posted that on Facebook and the forum here. Sat. Nov 12th at 2pm. However, I'm not out there to make the meet obviously so I'm just throwing something out there.
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Post  airedale Sat 29 Oct - 19:57

Laughing Brian, if you're gonna come back east to kick some backside swing by Tampa and hit the Bug Jam.
Blue Totoro wrote:Any pics from the cruise? Seems like hardly anyone posts up pictures from cruises/shows/cruise-ins anymore. Do I need to move back to VA and do some a$$-kickin? LOL!! Laughing

airedale

Back to top Go down

Post  ewdb92 Sat 21 Jan - 16:07

I wish I saw this thread much much earlier, like back in Oct Mad Anyway we did make it to the apple fest and saw your vehicles, would have been fun to meet ya'll. Took these pics.
Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 13187710
Apple harvest and vw cruisers meetup 13187711
ewdb92
ewdb92

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down