VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug Out 69! C3Vs caravan to Manassas

5 posters

Go down

Bug Out 69!  C3Vs caravan to Manassas Empty Bug Out 69! C3Vs caravan to Manassas

Post  Blue Totoro Thu 26 May - 23:52

OK, let me clean this up and just provide the info that everyone needs to get to Manassas as a group:

If you are on the Southside and want to roll up, then meet Bill's group at the Wawa on Woods Edge Rd and Jefferson Davis. They are leaving no later than 7:45AM. Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=15840+Jefferson+Davis+Highway+Colonial+Heights,+VA+23834-5202&aq=&sll=37.321301,-77.388725&sspn=0.131872,0.308647&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=15840+Jefferson+Davis+Hwy,+Colonial+Heights,+Virginia+23834&z=16

For those on the Northside (or if Chester is out of the way) then meet the group at the River City Diner at the junction of Parham Rd and I-95. Departure time from this location will be approximately 8:30AM. Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=803+East+Parham+Road,+Richmond,+VA&aq=&sll=37.634948,-77.455439&sspn=0.262638,0.617294&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=803+E+Parham+Rd,+Richmond,+Virginia+23227&z=16

Enjoy the Bug Out everyone! Wish I could be there!

Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

http://www.c3vs.com

Back to top Go down

Bug Out 69!  C3Vs caravan to Manassas Empty Re: Bug Out 69! C3Vs caravan to Manassas

Post  60ragtop Fri 27 May - 15:13

I will meet up with you at the River City Dinner
Scott Bug Out 69!  C3Vs caravan to Manassas 15773
60ragtop
60ragtop

Back to top Go down

Bug Out 69!  C3Vs caravan to Manassas Empty Re: Bug Out 69! C3Vs caravan to Manassas

Post  leaker Fri 27 May - 20:31

Scott,I'll be waiting with you...wonder what time the southsiders will make it,they're always late. Shocked scratch
leaker
leaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Sat 28 May - 1:46

Them southsiders roll low and slow!
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Bug Out 69!  C3Vs caravan to Manassas Empty Gonna be a scorcher

Post  Copper1982 Sat 28 May - 10:05

Manassas is calling for 88 degrees and sunny!! Hack
Copper1982
Copper1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper1982 Mon 30 May - 18:34

Anybody know if jim got his car home alright? Heard the car cut off on him and the rear wheels locked up on him.
Copper1982
Copper1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper1982 Mon 30 May - 22:04

Well Bill told me that Jim got his car home safe today, possibly master cylinder went, needs a full brake job, and possibly a generator. sounds like we may need a club intervention, and help get that topless vw back on the road.

also, I emailed the Bug out with some of my opinions, and suggestions, read my email and their response:
"I had a few idea's and comments for future bugouts. I saw at the last bugout 69, space filled up real quick, and the arrangement for vehicles seemed a little less organized than previous years. i saw some none vw's were parked through out the show car area(one was a red thunderbird), and that the water cooled vw's were being placed on the left and right of the front gate. It appears as tho the show is catering more to the water cooled vw's than the air cooled. Every year we see an additional class of water cooled catergories but not many additional air cooled categories are added. would it be possible to move more show car's to another location inside the facitly?? possibly making all parking across the street. maybe put more show cars, or vendors inside the saloom for the early part of the show. typically air and water cooled fans don't mix, and if we could seperate and both have more room that would make the show continue to grow and be more sucessful. I would
like to see the show attract more air cooled vw's, and more older model vw's. I think the (bug up to '57) oval and split window bugs deserve a seperate category from the 58-63 bugs. the maplegrove dragway show in pa has a seperate category for the early bugs from the '58s and later bugs. i like that the bugout has a type 2 truck category, and it draws a lot of type 2 trucks. I would like to see, another category between best air cooled bus 67 and earlyier, and bay window bus late '68-79. its not right that a $35,000 deluxe 21 window bus has to compete with a 79 bay window bus worth $8,000. I know you try your best to be fair and promote a great show. Chuck"

Response email: "I agree with a number of things but the air cooled cars have not changed in numbers for 5 years and most of the time the numbers are way down. The water cooled numbers for this show were roughly 2 to one. If my numbers for the air cooled were more then 5-6 cars a class i would do that. it takes at least 5-10 cars to make a class. the only reason that we keep adding water cooled classes is that a class that has 27-35 cars in it is too hard to judge so we find a year break that makes sense. I have forwarded this to billy for his feedback also. Thanks for you attention and suggestions."

I think if anyone has suggestions, or comments for the bugout, they should email them on the website. Billy hasn't responded yet to this email, but i know in the past he took some of suggestions.

Copper1982
Copper1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Hundley Wed 1 Jun - 23:01

My suggestion is to move it from that shithole and go to a decent track. Years ago they had it at Virginia motorsports park.
Jerry Hundley
Jerry Hundley

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Wed 1 Jun - 23:54

Jerry Hundley wrote:My suggestion is to move it from that shithole and go to a decent track. Years ago they had it at Virginia motorsports park.

Can't agree more with Jerry. The Bug Out is really a crappy show, the only reason I went was to hang with friends, so in that respect, any show is good. The location sucks, the water coolers suck, the prices are freakin' high, and it's just a dirty hole with the some of the worst judging I've ever seen at a VW show.

There are a lot more air-cooled only shows that are way more fun. Our show, Simple Transport...heck even some of the SEVWA shows are good. VW Cruisers put on a good show and there are a lot more I'm sure. Oh, BTW, the bathrooms at the Bug Out suck, too!
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Hundley Wed 1 Jun - 23:56

Farmington puts on a really good show and the track is really nice. It is just so far away.
Jerry Hundley
Jerry Hundley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Hundley Wed 1 Jun - 23:58

The bathrooms at bugout are actually nice compared to what they used to be affraid
Jerry Hundley
Jerry Hundley

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Thu 2 Jun - 0:00

Wow...can't imagine them being worse. I just remember there being no soap, no towels and troughs to take a leak in. Last year I swear some water cooler punks were checkin' out my bizness... supergay
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Hundley Thu 2 Jun - 0:01

yeah back in the 90's that place was a total shithole. I have been going since about 91
Jerry Hundley
Jerry Hundley

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Thu 2 Jun - 0:04

Jerry Hundley wrote:Farmington puts on a really good show and the track is really nice. It is just so far away.

True, most of the air-cooled only shows are way far...Simple Transport is in Hagerstown, MD (but it is truly an awesome event...well worth the drive). That's why we thought a good air-cooled show in Richmond would be successful. I think we are seeing just that!
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Bug Out 69!  C3Vs caravan to Manassas Empty Boo to the bugout

Post  Copper1982 Thu 2 Jun - 11:13

I agree as well that race track is junk, id like to see all the water pumpers do their own show. Another show that i been to a few times which rivals bugout is the junebug classic at maple grove speedway in pa. More cars more room and drag races. It started falling apart 5yrs ago but i hear its making a fast come back and im headed up there the sunday before our club show. Id like to see the vw cruisers show pick a more central location, have food, and cut back on the spectator fees. If they worked harder to sell it i think it would be more sucessful. Im gonna check out simple transport and slow riders show.
Copper1982
Copper1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down