VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

historic DC Cruise!!

Go down

historic DC Cruise!! Empty historic DC Cruise!!

Post  Copper1982 Thu 24 Feb - 0:09

Hey everyone, as u saw in ur club email I was thinking about putting together a Cruise for the club up here in DC, and was looking at Saturday morning May 7th for a date. The cruise would include pass by's of many scenic monuments. We would cruise past the washington monument, lincoln memorial, US capitol (hopefully with a very brief photo op), the US supreme court, Union station, WWII memorial, US Marine Corp Iwo Jima, and a stops would include, the jefferson memorial(many scenic views of the mall here), a brief stop at rockcreek park, and cruise along the potomac river on the George washington Parkway on our way to Lunch/open house at Monk's VW restoration/repair shop on the return home. Monks shop is just above woodbridge and is on the way home for all of u in richmond.

in order to do this trip it will require, an early start, plan is to finish inside dc by noon or 1pm. also a lot of planning on my part, so we can keep the group tight. have a walky talky, and cell of course?? bring it! I need to hear from the club to see how many would be interested.

Chuck Viggiani
Copper1982
Copper1982

Back to top Go down