VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Crawford Visit

4 posters

Go down

Brian Crawford Visit Empty Brian Crawford Visit

Post  Tom Messeder Thu 16 Dec - 14:10

Hey guys Brian picked me up in Burbank, CA. yesterday afternoon after arriving on my airline layover in his 65' . It was overcast but around 60 degrees much better than the 17 degrees in Fredericksburg when I left yesterday at 4:30 in the morning ! We had In-N-Out burgers then drove around L.A. in the dark in the rush hours so I cannot wait til I get back into the safety of an aircraft for the trip home this evening !! We had a great visit and when last seen he was headed from Burbank back over the mountains and into the desert around 11:00 p.m. ! Had to grab a beer after this adventure to calm the nerves ! affraid Tom

Tom Messeder

Back to top Go down

Brian Crawford Visit Empty Re: Brian Crawford Visit

Post  Crackah Fri 17 Dec - 9:49

I haven't been back to California since my family and i left in 93... Although I was only 13 at the time, I do miss it. This may be a funny question but, what was the purpose of the visit? Just to go hang out? Either way, it sounds like fun!

Crackah

Back to top Go down

Brian Crawford Visit Empty Brian Crawford Visit

Post  Tom Messeder Fri 17 Dec - 14:08

I guess I should have mentioned it but I fly for American Airlines as a pilot and Burbank just happened to be on my schedule this month so did both work and fun . I got back into bed this morning at 3:00 a.m. now getting up to get the snow out of the driveway . Tom

Tom Messeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackah Fri 17 Dec - 14:18

That's awesome! Flying a plane has to be a blast!! At least a large jet. My father and a friend of his owned a Beachcraft Bonanza for several years when we lived in Ca. Loved to fly that. What do you fly?

Crackah

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Sun 19 Dec - 4:42

Tom...had a great visit! The cruise-in we went to was pretty dismal...about 10 VWs either showed up or drove by, but no one even approached us and said "hey"...thought that was lame-o! The only guy we did talk to was on vacation from Indiana and he was parked with his wife in a Chevy Blazer! Anyways...had a great time...thanks for dinner and for braving the LA freeways with me in my bug! Nothin' like driving a beetle on the LA freeways...good times!
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

http://www.c3vs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  airedale Sun 19 Dec - 10:45

Brian, Glad to hear Tom got to visit with ya. Congrats on the Giants. I don't normally root for a national league team but I wanted them to stomp Texas for obvious reasons. Stay cool, Chuck.

airedale

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down