Good and Bad Shops

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good and Bad Shops

Post  mloret on Sat 20 Apr - 23:34

Don't know if these kind of thread has come through here lately, but I wanted to start one of not.

I'm in Charlottesville, VA and I wanted to recommend one repair shop and strongly warn against another.

I strongly recommend Nethken Associates over in Fishersville, Va. Ken is a great guy, has years of experience, tons of knowledge, and is very reasonably priced. He will also go the extra mile to serve you and your car. After my last repair, Ken even volunteered to bring the car to me as I was having trouble arranging a ride. Now that's service! Very Happy

Avoid Devil's Bowl Autobody at all costs. On a recommendation, I took my '70 Beetle there for some body work and a repaint. The car looked great for 2 years, and then the body work started to show. This is a low class, "cash only" business. They not only do shoddy work, but the evade taxes too. They'll over charge you for their work, and when it begins to show wear, they will blame you for not paying more. No way. No
mloret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good and Bad Shops

Post  fosd on Thu 21 Nov - 9:19

mloret,
Thanks for starting this post. Are you recommending Nethken more for body or mechanical work?

I live in Arlington, VA.
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic up hear? I occasionally need help with my '71 Ghia  and '84 Vanagon
Also any other body-work shop recommendations for my Ghia would be helpful. I'm starting to see bubbles in the paint...arggg
fosd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top