Hi everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi everyone!

Post  dreadpiraterobert on Fri 19 Nov - 21:53

Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Robert, and my wife and I own a '71 Super Beetle that I've been working on and driving a bit since we got it. So far it's been going fairly well - it's a pretty solid car that was neglected for a few years and has obviously been through a lot. Thankfully, the motor (rebuilt at some point in time) seems to be in pretty good shape. I have Ronnie at Bug Haus to thank for getting me set up with a working carburetor. My main focus right now is taking care of the rust holes and getting it looking OK cosmetically. At the same time, I'm trying to make it a comfortable, reliable car that can take us and the dogs on some adventures. I'm not too interested in performance or suspension mods right now, although a little rake would be pretty cool. Interesting points:

I have a rebuilt 1600DP with no discernible numbers on the case.
Previous owner got into a front end accident and repaired the front end apparently using another front clip and fiberglass.
The hood and one front fender are not original. PO says the fender came from JC Whitney and the hood came from a museum.
I'm running the infamous 009/34-PICT-3 combo, but it's working out pretty well.
The car came with deep dish, wide offset American-style rims that I ditched as soon as I could.
The rear apron isn't right for the year. I discovered that at some point another owner riveted a later rear clip on, apparently after an accident.
This may explain why the engine sits slightly crooked.

Anyway, for $700, I'm pretty happy so far. I can't seem to find any photos, but I'll see if I can post some.

dreadpiraterobert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome!!!

Post  64scbaron on Sat 20 Nov - 13:20

Welcome to our club Robert it's allways nice to recieve new members.Unfortunately at this time of year there is not much club activity,we will try to have a few more get togethers,weather permiting before years end.We are pretty active most of the time.We will do our Jamestown cruise in the spring,and our annual car show in the summer in between the two bugouts in manassas>looking foward to meeting you.And again welcome! Wink
64scbaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone!

Post  dreadpiraterobert on Sat 20 Nov - 19:45

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have the Beetle presentable for the Jamestown cruise. It's still very rough around the edges, but I'm making progress every day.

dreadpiraterobert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rough around the edges.

Post  64scbaron on Sun 21 Nov - 12:49

Robert,don't worry about rough around the edges.If you need a helping hand i'll be glad to assist in any way i can,i'm sure any of our members would also,we're that kind of club.
64scbaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum