VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New addition to the family

+5
airedale
Blue Totoro
BUGN VW
joebug1951
Slow Steve
9 posters

Go down

New addition to the family Empty New addition to the family

Post  Slow Steve Mon 9 Aug - 22:16

Picked her up today. She's a 63, complete and unmolested b-e-a-uty. Normal rust in the right rear quarter, both rear shock mounts areas, heater channels need some loving, and small spots here and there, but she has new pans. I was told that the motor has been rebuilt, and just waiting for the "call" of the battery. She is a 6volt survivor, not sure if I want to convert her yet... decide later. I still have my bus to finish.......... I told myself I wasn't going to get another until I do finish it up, and start on Kelly's fasty, buuut couldn't pass this one up. Here are some pics:

New addition to the family Newbug001
New addition to the family Newbug004
New addition to the family Newbug002

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

New addition to the family Empty Re: New addition to the family

Post  joebug1951 Tue 10 Aug - 11:23

That thing is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet find!
joebug1951
joebug1951
Admin

https://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BUGN VW Tue 10 Aug - 15:33

Is that the one off thesamba that was in Yorktown? Those your wheels on CL? You need to get up with me and check out the Type 3 parts I got and see what you may need. I am about to liquidate my parts, way too much stuff.

Derek
BUGN VW
BUGN VW

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Tue 10 Aug - 15:53

BUGN VW wrote:Is that the one off thesamba that was in Yorktown? Those your wheels on CL? You need to get up with me and check out the Type 3 parts I got and see what you may need. I am about to liquidate my parts, way too much stuff.

Derek

Thanks Joe, how's your vacation going?

Yeah thats's the one from Yorktown. Yup those wheels are mine, do you know what kind of wheels those are? I put it out there for a feeler. do you happen to have a carb set up for Kelly's fasty? Everyone I speak to tells me to get rid of fuel injection, to many problems. I still need a windshield.... I busted hers.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  BUGN VW Tue 10 Aug - 16:22

Not sure what type of wheels they are but I have seen them polished up with centerline style center caps and they look sharp. I am interested in the wheels, My name is Derek and I am a wheel whore LOL lol! If your fuel injection is working properly then I would leave it alone. I have a comlpete F.I. system of of a 73 that was running before I put duals on it if you may need spare parts. I have a 34/36 weber but I dont have the intake. I have a windshield that I had planned on putting in my car when I get it painted but who knos when that will be. Here is one for 139.99 http://www.vwparts.net/311845101D.html. I have a complete interior for a fasty in almost perfect shape that is taking up lots of room.
BUGN VW
BUGN VW

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Tue 10 Aug - 18:33

BUGN VW wrote:Not sure what type of wheels they are but I have seen them polished up with centerline style center caps and they look sharp. I am interested in the wheels, My name is Derek and I am a wheel whore LOL lol! If your fuel injection is working properly then I would leave it alone. I have a comlpete F.I. system of of a 73 that was running before I put duals on it if you may need spare parts. I have a 34/36 weber but I dont have the intake. I have a windshield that I had planned on putting in my car when I get it painted but who knos when that will be. Here is one for 139.99 http://www.vwparts.net/311845101D.html. I have a complete interior for a fasty in almost perfect shape that is taking up lots of room.

Is that you "goldentyles"? Well, maybe we can work some sort of trade for windshield for wheels?

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Wed 11 Aug - 0:18

That's definitely a nice find...'63 beetles are AWESOME! I'd love to find me a ragtop someday. BTW...keep it 6 volt, man! Firestone sells Interstate 6 volt batteries for about $75. They are the perfect size for that small compartment under the seat.
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

http://www.c3vs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  airedale Wed 11 Aug - 15:05

Nice...even though I drive a '67 I just think the '64 and older bugs look really sharp. Again, nice find.

airedale

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Wed 11 Aug - 21:37

Blue Totoro wrote:That's definitely a nice find...'63 beetles are AWESOME! I'd love to find me a ragtop someday. BTW...keep it 6 volt, man! Firestone sells Interstate 6 volt batteries for about $75. They are the perfect size for that small compartment under the seat.

Good info! Thanks Brian! How's cali treating you?

Thanks airdale! I agree and wanted to get a 64 and down due to the smaller window and other "cool" features.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremyrockjock Sat 14 Aug - 22:10

Beautiful
jeremyrockjock
jeremyrockjock

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackah Fri 17 Dec - 11:21

Beautiful car! Those old steering wheels are so elegant!! I love them!

Crackah

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Tue 26 Apr - 0:06

I've got an oval itch Shocked Laughing Anybody have an oval or earlier they want to trade for this bug? Let me know what you have, see what we work out. Let me know.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  roy63 Wed 27 Apr - 0:44

what would you let it go for?
roy63
roy63

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Sun 1 May - 3:35

I scratched my itch today Wink I'll post up pics tomorrow.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  joebug1951 Sun 1 May - 8:32

Did you get rid of the 63?
joebug1951
joebug1951
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Sun 1 May - 11:12

Nope still have her. I might though, or the bus. We will see what happens. I have to go get my new one today. I had 3 blowouts on the way home, so I turned it around.. believe me I didn't get far. It sucks because I messed up one of my rear fenders because or a new tire blow out banghead Going to try again today.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Sun 24 Jul - 21:37

I sweated (probably lost like 10 lbs Laughing ) it out this weekend and put my engine in I just rebuilt, finished brakes, cleared out the gas tank, unclogged the fuel line and all the other little stuff that comes along with finally getting some time to get it going. But I did, and she runs good. I'm pretty stoked. I just drove it down the street and back but it sweet. I still have a few small stuff to do like electrical stuffs. The PO started the 12v conversion but didn't finish it. I hope to get the gremlins out by Friday. My spindles are supposed to be in Friday so I might narrow my extra beam 4 inches and install the adjusters this weekend, see how it goes. F YEAH! This bug is no longer up for sale, I'm keeping this B#$%H.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  joebug1951 Sun 24 Jul - 23:33

Pics or it didn't happen..... Cool
joebug1951
joebug1951
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  leaker Mon 25 Jul - 13:12

I can't keep track of your projects, it must look like a used car lot over there New addition to the family 736592
leaker
leaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Tue 26 Jul - 23:38

joebug1951 wrote:Pics or it didn't happen..... Cool

What of me sweating or bug rolling?!?! New addition to the family 635763 lol! I'll post up some pics tomorrow....

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Tue 26 Jul - 23:41

leaker wrote:I can't keep track of your projects, it must look like a used car lot over there New addition to the family 736592

Yeah if it wasn't for Kelly classing up the joint, it would look like junk yard around here. I didn't have anything on the walls but paint. Laughing

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down