Pan and HC replacement cost?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Slow Steve on Sun 7 Mar - 20:32

I guess this is the right place to ask this. I have this person that wants me to do some metal work on his SB. What is the going rate for changing out pans and heater channels on a super beetle? I have never paid anybody to do it and I haven't charged before, so I have nothing to go off of. Any help I would appreciate it.

Slow Steve

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Jerry Hundley on Sun 7 Mar - 21:25

I wouldn't do pans and heater channels for under $2000. There is a ton of work involved. Trust me you are going to run into more that just heater channels and pans. There is always more to it.
avatar
Jerry Hundley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 46
Location : Colonial Heights Va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  joebug1951 on Sun 7 Mar - 22:02

Jerry Hundley wrote:I wouldn't do pans and heater channels for under $2000. There is a ton of work involved. Trust me you are going to run into more that just heater channels and pans. There is always more to it.

Shocked


dang I do shat way too cheap!!!!! Laughing



I would do it for between $500-$600 if they provided the pans and channels, but getting people to spend $$$ is a hassle. I've done pans and channels on a few cars and its not too bad.

_________________
The real F'n Bumblebee!!!!!!

http://100grana.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bumblebee.gif
avatar
joebug1951
Admin

Posts : 293
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 37
Location : Driving my Macbook

View user profile http://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Slow Steve on Sun 7 Mar - 22:50

Cool, thanks guys. I have done both before, just didn't know where to start on charging. I think I have an idea where to start on price. Here is a couple of pics of some of the stuff I have done.





De-greasing is a pain in @$$

Slow Steve

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Jerry Hundley on Sun 7 Mar - 23:03

Steve you going to pull the body to do them?
avatar
Jerry Hundley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 46
Location : Colonial Heights Va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Slow Steve on Sun 7 Mar - 23:13

Jerry Hundley wrote:Steve you going to pull the body to do them?

I don't plan on that for this one. Floors, channels, quarter on right hand side. The guy was telling me some piece that goes across, but he didn't know the name. I wonder if he meant the napoleon's cap..... scratch Owell I'm going to take a look tomorrow. Might have to after all...... The guy was in the midset that the car was to far gone to repair, but I didn't think so. I should show him pics of my bus when I started, or the bug lol!

Slow Steve

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Jerry Hundley on Sun 7 Mar - 23:17

could be the rear crossmembers also. It is definetly a job so price it right
avatar
Jerry Hundley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 46
Location : Colonial Heights Va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Slow Steve on Sun 7 Mar - 23:22

Jerry Hundley wrote:could be the rear crossmembers also. It is definetly a job so price it right

True that! I didn't give a price yet, not until I take a good look at it. I just spied the channels, couldn't miss the battery on the drivers side due to all the metal gone on the passenger side and the quarter. I will definently make sure I brace everything before blast off! Make sure the door gaps and everything lines up before I weld everything. I did how ever plan on doing a body off rebuild of a particular red 63 that was on the market recently Laughing

Slow Steve

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  joebug1951 on Sun 7 Mar - 23:56

Slow Steve wrote:
Jerry Hundley wrote:could be the rear crossmembers also. It is definetly a job so price it right

True that! I didn't give a price yet, not until I take a good look at it. I just spied the channels, couldn't miss the battery on the drivers side due to all the metal gone on the passenger side and the quarter. I will definently make sure I brace everything before blast off! Make sure the door gaps and everything lines up before I weld everything. I did how ever plan on doing a body off rebuild of a particular red 63 that was on the market recently Laughing


Might be back on the market soon, depending......

Minus a couple things Laughing

_________________
The real F'n Bumblebee!!!!!!

http://100grana.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bumblebee.gif
avatar
joebug1951
Admin

Posts : 293
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 37
Location : Driving my Macbook

View user profile http://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Jerry Hundley on Sun 7 Mar - 23:58

joebug1951 wrote:
Slow Steve wrote:
Jerry Hundley wrote:could be the rear crossmembers also. It is definetly a job so price it right

True that! I didn't give a price yet, not until I take a good look at it. I just spied the channels, couldn't miss the battery on the drivers side due to all the metal gone on the passenger side and the quarter. I will definently make sure I brace everything before blast off! Make sure the door gaps and everything lines up before I weld everything. I did how ever plan on doing a body off rebuild of a particular red 63 that was on the market recently Laughing


Might be back on the market soon, depending......

Minus a couple things Laughing


Shut up dang it!!!!!
avatar
Jerry Hundley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 46
Location : Colonial Heights Va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  joebug1951 on Mon 8 Mar - 0:01

I said depending Laughing

_________________
The real F'n Bumblebee!!!!!!

http://100grana.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bumblebee.gif
avatar
joebug1951
Admin

Posts : 293
Join date : 2010-01-11
Age : 37
Location : Driving my Macbook

View user profile http://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pan and HC replacement cost?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum