VA VW Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staunton Noob

+4
Blue Totoro
Jerry Hundley
joebug1951
Slow Steve
8 posters

Go down

Staunton Noob Empty Staunton Noob

Post  Guest Mon 1 Mar - 17:14

gone

Last edited by KurseD on Thu 5 Aug - 21:33; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Staunton Noob Empty Re: Staunton Noob

Post  Slow Steve Mon 1 Mar - 18:08

Are you from El Paso, or just the bug. Reason I'm asking is I'm originally from El paso.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  joebug1951 Mon 1 Mar - 18:51

welcome to the site! Good looking collection you got there!
joebug1951
joebug1951
Admin

https://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 1 Mar - 19:02

Slow Steve wrote:Are you from El Paso, or just the bug. Reason I'm asking is I'm originally from El paso.

Nope, originally from VA. Lived in Daytona Beach from 93-98. Spent a couple months at Ft. Bliss in El Paso back in 2001. A friend and I drove my old 87 toyota turbo 4x4 to San Antonio and traded it for the oval. Drove the oval back. Four day trip I'll post a link to the thread at the volksrods forum about the trip later.

And I didn't realize I wrote "drove it back from El Paso" earlier, I meant "drove it back from San Antonio" [fixed now] The 57 was originally from El Paso, hence the nickname "Felina" from the old Marty Robins song "El Paso" the Mexican girl he fell in love with was named Felina.

The turboyota that I traded for her. 1987 4x4 SR5 xtra cab, ALL the bells and whistles. sunroof, power everything, sport bucket seats, rear window defroster, and yes factory turbo. miss that truck, but no room to take the family wheeling with me so it had to go

Staunton Noob 057

Back to top Go down

Staunton Noob Empty ...

Post  Guest Mon 1 Mar - 21:52

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Hundley Mon 1 Mar - 23:58

Welcome afro
Jerry Hundley
Jerry Hundley

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Tue 2 Mar - 0:01

Scott...pleased to meetcha...I've got three kids 11, 8 and 5...two younger are boys. We live in Chesterfield and I'm currently in the Air Force living the dream in Virginia. We have a bone stock 65 bug which most of the "Ost Kuste" guys in the club are trying to convince me to slam...

Look forward to getting together...that's a sweet bug you got...nice bike, too...both of 'em!
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

http://www.c3vs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Hundley Tue 2 Mar - 0:02

dacarbie wrote:most of the "Ost Kuste" guys in the club are trying to convince me to slam...

Twisted Evil Staunton Noob 14418
Jerry Hundley
Jerry Hundley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Mar - 4:56

dacarbie wrote:Scott...pleased to meetcha...I've got three kids 11, 8 and 5...two younger are boys. We live in Chesterfield and I'm currently in the Air Force living the dream in Virginia. We have a bone stock 65 bug which most of the "Ost Kuste" guys in the club are trying to convince me to slam...

Look forward to getting together...that's a sweet bug you got...nice bike, too...both of 'em!

It's the same bike. Just swapped tanks and bars. Resprayed and striped. It's now torn down for winter and getting a triumph tank. Only to get torn down next winter and get completely redone again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Mar - 14:47

Jerry Hundley wrote:
dacarbie wrote:most of the "Ost Kuste" guys in the club are trying to convince me to slam...

Hey i'm not an Ost Kuste guy ....but i'd still like to see that beetle SLAMMED... on it's nuts as the saying goes!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  roy63 Tue 2 Mar - 16:08

glenn hicks wrote:
Jerry Hundley wrote:

Hey i'm not an Ost Kuste guy ....but i'd still like to see that beetle SLAMMED... on it's nuts as the saying goes!! Very Happy

Lay em out, slow and low....
roy63
roy63

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Mar - 16:37

{{"Felina" 1957 Beetle on a 69 pan. 1641 with a freeway flyer. Brought back from San Antonio last winter (08) Future plans are to simply un-f*#k the horrible mess someone has made of her. Smoothies and a mild drop. Eventually Diamond green or Agave green and Beige interior.}}

agave green, and beige interior.....sounds like another VW i know of !! Go with the agave...that color rocks!

Back to top Go down

Post  roy63 Tue 2 Mar - 16:43

glenn hicks wrote:{{"Felina" 1957 Beetle on a 69 pan. 1641 with a freeway flyer. Brought back from San Antonio last winter (08) Future plans are to simply un-f*#k the horrible mess someone has made of her. Smoothies and a mild drop. Eventually Diamond green or Agave green and Beige interior.}}

agave green, and beige interior.....sounds like another VW i know of !! Go with the agave...that color rocks!

Where could that be located? scratch

And Hello KurseD
roy63
roy63

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Mar - 17:02

roy63 wrote:
glenn hicks wrote:{{"Felina" 1957 Beetle on a 69 pan. 1641 with a freeway flyer. Brought back from San Antonio last winter (08) Future plans are to simply un-f*#k the horrible mess someone has made of her. Smoothies and a mild drop. Eventually Diamond green or Agave green and Beige interior.}}

Where could that be located? scratch

And Hello KurseD

hopefully in my garage here shortly!!

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremyrockjock Wed 3 Mar - 17:47

dacarbie wrote: We have a bone stock 65 bug which most of the "Ost Kuste" guys in the club are trying to convince me to slam...

Don't do it. I love lowered VWs but there are too many. Most people who slam there cars never put them back and end up selling off the OG parts. The when/if you ever sell it its not worth as much and someone in the future will have to source all the parts. My oval was lowered when I was driving it and will be again once it gets its turn on the list but it was not a complete original car to start with. The 65 beetle 57 beetle and the 62 double cab will all remain stock. I personally wouldn't screw with it especially since you drive yours. Try riding in a slammed car and see what you think then. Just my humble opinion.

If you do it save all the OG parts for the future.
jeremyrockjock
jeremyrockjock

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Wed 3 Mar - 18:51

jeremyrockjock wrote:
dacarbie wrote: We have a bone stock 65 bug which most of the "Ost Kuste" guys in the club are trying to convince me to slam...

Don't do it. I love lowered VWs but there are too many. Most people who slam there cars never put them back and end up selling off the OG parts. The when/if you ever sell it its not worth as much and someone in the future will have to source all the parts. My oval was lowered when I was driving it and will be again once it gets its turn on the list but it was not a complete original car to start with. The 65 beetle 57 beetle and the 62 double cab will all remain stock. I personally wouldn't screw with it especially since you drive yours. Try riding in a slammed car and see what you think then. Just my humble opinion.

Agreed. I think lowered bugs look better than stock, but there are plenty of bugs out there that are fix me ups, and frankenstiened (sp?) that you could lower and do what you want to and not really think much about. How often do you come across a complete stock bug. I would leave the stock one alone and get something else to slam. You might regret lowering that one in the long run.

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Wed 3 Mar - 20:36

Thanks Jeremy and kurseD for the advice...I think I'll keep it stock for now...but if I ever do lower it in the front then I'll be sure to keep my stock beam and all the other pieces. Since I do drive it, and it drives smooth I'm kind of afraid to mess up a good thing I got going...

Sorry Hundley.... Staunton Noob 14418 Staunton Noob 103388
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Steve Wed 3 Mar - 20:46

dacarbie wrote:Thanks Jeremy and kurseD for the advice...I think I'll keep it stock for now...but if I ever do lower it in the front then I'll be sure to keep my stock beam and all the other pieces. Since I do drive it, and it drives smooth I'm kind of afraid to mess up a good thing I got going...

What am I, chopped liver?! Laughing

Slow Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Wed 3 Mar - 20:48

Slow Steve wrote:
dacarbie wrote:Thanks Jeremy and kurseD for the advice...I think I'll keep it stock for now...but if I ever do lower it in the front then I'll be sure to keep my stock beam and all the other pieces. Since I do drive it, and it drives smooth I'm kind of afraid to mess up a good thing I got going...

What am I, chopped liver?! Laughing

Oh yeah...and you, too Steve! You are the man with the master plan afro
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down

Post  joebug1951 Fri 12 Mar - 11:03

jeremyrockjock wrote:

Yeah I dont think you will like how lowered bugs ride! I drove mine to NC the other day and all over Richmond Yesterday, Its not something you will like!!!! The roads around here are unforgiving. You get tired of dodging potholes and cracks..... I still love the look but I guess Im just getting old. HA HA .....
joebug1951
joebug1951
Admin

https://vavwgroups.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremyrockjock Fri 12 Mar - 11:12

Don't get me wrong. I like the look too.
jeremyrockjock
jeremyrockjock

Back to top Go down

Post  Lickity Split Sat 13 Mar - 14:09

Do what you want not what others want. You will still get looks if it's stock, slammed or somewhere in between. Just make sure you like it. Who cares what others think??? Oh most people do. Rolling Eyes As long as they are happy with it.

Welcome.
Lickity Split
Lickity Split

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue 16 Mar - 9:21

stop being dumb Staunton Noob 812980 just go with a air ride set up this way as our leader you make us all happy Staunton Noob 141864
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Totoro Thu 25 Mar - 21:41

Staunton Noob 173103

Nice new smilies, Joe!
Blue Totoro
Blue Totoro

Back to top Go down